Non-native Fullscreen does not hide Dock, Finder/Menu Bar remains hidden when returning to Window mode
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.3.10beta2 (the bug is also present in nightly 3.3.20200315)
- OS version: 10.14.6
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Configure iTerm to not use "Native full screen windows"
- Make an iTerm window full screen
- Observe that the Dock remains visible
- Exit full screen mode
- Observe that the Finder/menu bar remains hidden as though full screen is still active
What happened: Dock & Finder/menu bar are out of sync with iTerm's full screen state when using non-native fullscreen (I prefer non-native fullscreen because it keeps iTerm in the same desktop/space). The Dock remains visible when iTerm is in full screen mode. The Finder/menu bar hide properly but then do not return to normal visibility after exiting full screen mode.
What should have happened: Dock & Finder/menu bar should both hide when full screen is activated. Both Dock & Finder/menu bar should reappear when exiting full screen - this has been the behavior in iTerm releases up to 3.3.9.