Hyperlinking a path in iterm2 does not send the line number information
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.3.7
- OS version: 10.14.6 (18G2022)
- Attach com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Run a static code analysis on java project such as checkstyle / PMD
- It will output the list of issues with a line number
- Command click on the path of the filename which also has line number information at the end
What happened: It opens the default app (IntelliJ in my case) and the file in it , but does not position the cursor at the line number which is there in the path at the end.
What should have happened: The file should be open with default app and the ability to send the line number information should be provided as a configuration (runtime arguments). Currently, it provides ability to specify the entire url or command to be executed (which takes away the default app configuration).