Key Result: Review and revise UI text on Project Settings pages => 45/54, 83%
Part of the FY22-Q1 UX Department OKRs.
The UI text on GitLab Settings pages needs to be reviewed and edited for wordiness, passive voice, inconsistency, and future tense. Are the field descriptions clear? You may discover other issues to fix as well.
First, we will use the Pajamas UI text guidance voice and tone requirements. Familiarize yourself with the guidelines in the entire "Content" section of Pajamas.
We will not change field names or button names unless they're egregious, because we'd also have to then go fix the doc.
Current tally (as of May 1): 45 completed issues out of 54 (83% of total)
Target: 38/54 (70%)
- Every Technical Writer will review UI text for the Settings sections for Integrations, Webhooks, Access Tokens, Operations, Pages, and Audit Events within the Project Settings of the GitLab application.
- After completing their review, Technical Writers will make relevant updates to their assigned sections' wording within the code.
- Issues have already been created for each section that needs a review.
- TWs should self-assign x issues throughout the quarter; not all at once, but one open issue at a time.
- Use the UI-text template in the Technical Writing project.
- Assign yourself to the issue created for the section you're working on, and add your name to the following table for that section.
Settings section list
Links and references
We are tackling a subset of all GitLab Settings pages. The complete list is here: