Make it possible to filter issues and merge requests by release
As a user, I want to be able to filter issues and merge requests by release, so that I can have a better overview of the items associated to a release (over one or more milestones).
- On the issues/merge requests search page, user should be able to filter items by releases.
- All items linked to the milestones specified in the selected release should return in the page.
milestone_2linked to a
release_1, and the user selects
release_1 AND milestone_3in the filter, then no result should be returned.
Problem to solve
In our efforts to Make the Releases page viable, we will be adding the a summary of open/closed issues and merge requests per Releases, given one/multiple milestones are associated to a given Release. The first iteration will just show the count of issues/merge requests, but the user won't be able to click and see/filter all listed items.
Currently, it is not possible to filter the search pages by multiple milestones or by release. This issue proposes extending the search capability in the Issues and Merge Requests page, so that the user can have the flexibility to filter items by one/multiple Releases.
Personas are described at https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/marketing/product-marketing/roles-personas/
- There cannot be milestones associated to a group. Project-level only.
Add a new
release filter to our "issues" and "merge requests" search page.
release:v0.4. Behind the scenes, this filter would return all the items associated to the release's milestone(s).
Another thing to note is that when using the current (
AND) functionality, if a user filters by release and by a specific milestone - only the items from the selected milestone should be returned.
Out of scope
In the future if the search supports
OR a user can still use the new release type or filter by milestone..
Permissions and Security
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- It will be possible to filter issues and merge requests by multiple milestones.
- We will be able to link the total count of open/closed issues and merge requests in a release to the filtered Issues view.