Docs outline scaling options
What does this MR do?
Our current HA docs only mention full HA options. In reality, scaling may be more appropriate for a large number of our customers. It also comes at a lower infrastructure and maintenance cost. As a result, we should mention both Scaling and High Availability options in the documentation. Lay it out clear as a progression going from basic scaling up to fully distributed highly available systems.
After this we should improve the component subsections to include examples for each of these so customers can understand how to build each example from end to end.
- Apply the correct labels and milestone
- Crosslink the document from the higher-level index
- Crosslink the document from other subject-related docs
- Correctly apply the product badges and tiers
Port the MR to EE (or backport from CE): always recommended, required when the
- Your team's review (required)
- PM's review (recommended, but not a blocker)
- Technical writer's review (required)
- Merge the EE-MR first, CE-MR afterwards