Add file extensions for all media types supported by actual browsers to safe audio/video list
What does this MR do and why?
Extends the list of allowed audio and video file extensions to encompass all those that browsers may actually support (according to the linked list by Mozilla anyways).
This has been a point for us (EE) recently, since we have large amounts of audio datasets stored as FLAC audio and were surprised to find that they won’t preview on GitLab even though the browser definitely supports them.
How to set up and validate locally
- Add a FLAC, AAC and Opus audio file to a GIT repository
- Push the repository to GitLab
- Open the repository’s web page and click on each of the added audio files
- Files should now display the browser’s built-in audio player, rather than requiring explicit download
MR acceptance checklist
This checklist encourages us to confirm any changes have been analyzed to reduce risks in quality, performance, reliability, security, and maintainability.
- I have evaluated the MR acceptance checklist for this MR.