Summit challenge - health check
Summit 2018 challenge: A user can request a free instance check if a minimum users count requirement is fulfilled.
When users click Free Instance Check from the GitLab they will be redirected to a form in customers app where they confirm the data and once the form is submitted the data are sent to Salesforce. Users will get a simple report + they will then be contacted based on the data / contact they provided in the form.
Minimum users count required for the instance review is stored in application_settings. The idea is that the minimum users count can be set using customers app and GitLab will send a request every x days to update the threshold in the db. An MR for this will come later. For now we set default value 100.
What does this MR do?
It adds "Get a free instance review" button to the Core edition.
The button is displayed in the case
User.count is bigger than a defined threshold and the instance does not have a valid license (=core edition). The threshold is stored in the
instance_review_threshold) with default value of 100.
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Conforms to the code review guidelines
- Conforms to the merge request performance guidelines
- Conforms to the style guides
- Conforms to the database guides
EE specific content should be in the top level
- For a paid feature, have we considered GitLab.com plans, how it works for groups, and is there a design for promoting it to users who aren't on the correct plan?