Extract code owners from a CODEOWNERS file
What does this MR do?
This MR adds the possibility to set codeowners for files using a
CODEOWNERS file that's can be located in
docs or the root of the repository.
The syntax of the CODEOWNERS file is similar to that of
.gitignore, so patterns can be used to match paths. Users can be linked to patters using their
@username or email address.
When a file matches multiple entries in the CODEOWNERS-file, the users from all entries are displayed.
The code owners are displayed on a blob page like this:
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Conforms to the code review guidelines
- Conforms to the merge request performance guidelines
- Conforms to the style guides
- Conforms to the database guides
EE specific content should be in the top level
- For a paid feature, have we considered GitLab.com plans, how it works for groups, and is there a design for promoting it to users who aren't on the correct plan?