Add a test report summary resource to the GitLab pipeline API (v4)
What does this MR do?
It adds a test report summary resource to the Gitlab pipeline api (v4) The pipeline api already contains a resource to get the full test report, including all details, but that is rather slow when having thousands of tests as the resource exports full test detail. A summary method (similar to the ui) is lacking and reports a highlevel summary in only a fraction of the time of a full test report. People needing some kind of test report api without full details are much better of using this method as it completes earlier with less amount of network traffic. The gitlab rails component is better of as well as the cpu impact is lots less compared to the full deail.
In addition it aligns capabilities between the api and the user interface.
Screenshots (strongly suggested)
API method, no screenshots apply
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- [ n/a ] I have included changelog trailers, or none are needed. (Does this MR need a changelog?)
- I have added/updated documentation, or it's not needed. (Is documentation required?)
- [ FOSS ] I have properly separated EE content from FOSS, or this MR is FOSS only. (Where should EE code go?)
- [ n/a ] I have added information for database reviewers in the MR description, or it's not needed. (Does this MR have database related changes?)
- I have self-reviewed this MR per code review guidelines.
- This MR does not harm performance, or I have asked a reviewer to help assess the performance impact. (Merge request performance guidelines)
- I have followed the style guides.
- This change is backwards compatible across updates, or this does not apply.
Availability and Testing
As I'm not that proficient in Ruby I could not locate any unit tests for the api methods. Perhaps this can be explained as the api is merely a wrapper around the Ruby model. If I missed anything please let me know where to find the related test cases for the pipeline api and I will be more than happy to see and check if I can address the issue.
- I have added/updated tests following the Testing Guide, or it's not needed. (Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.)
- [ n/a ] I have tested this MR in all supported browsers, or it's not needed.
- [ n/a ] I have informed the Infrastructure department of a default or new setting change per definition of done, or it's not needed.
Does this MR contain changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods or other items described in the security review guidelines? If not, then delete this Security section.
- [ n/a ] Label as security and @ mention
- [ n/a ] The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- [ n/a ] Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team