What does this MR do?
- Revert's the work done in !48516 (merged) && !49752 (merged)
- We move back to polling the trace endpoint all the time to prevent race conditions.
- Makes the trace endpoint return a
204if the job has not started or does not have a trace.
Do the same thing the above MR's did, prevent unnecessary polling and prevent the strain on Redis. Instead of using the FE solution that causes some race conditions due to job state, we move the solution to the BE. We will poll like the pervious implementation but return a
204 if the job does not have a trace. Meaning we will not go get resources until the job has started and has a trace.
How to test
- Pause your local runner and start a job (it should be in a pending state), check the network tab to ensure the trace endpoint is called and returns a
- Start a running job, switch to a new tab, switch back and ensure no trace endpoint calls were made while you were gone.
- Ensure everything with the job traces is still working as expected
🙏Can you cancel/retry a job and logs are shown etc.
This is a developer facing change and does not warrant a changelog.
Related to: #294197 (closed)
Also related: #293675 (closed)
Screenshots (strongly suggested)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
Documentation (if required)
Code review guidelines
Merge request performance guidelines
Separation of EE specific content
Availability and Testing
Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
Tested in all supported browsers
Informed Infrastructure department of a default or new setting change, if applicable per definition of done
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
Label as security and @ mention
The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team