Resolve User stuck in 2FA setup page even if group disable 2FA enforce
What does this MR do?
Current logic states, that marking one subgroup in hierarchy tree as 'requiring two factor authentication' causes all members of descendants and ancestors groups to be forced to use two factor authentication as well.
This, however, was not mirrored in
update_two_factor_requirement method. While updating the subgroup it was not updating members of ancestors groups - as it should. It was not consistent with
expanded_groups_requiring_two_factor_authentication method in User class.
Now group method is considering both ancestor groups members and descendant groups members.
Screenshots (strongly suggested)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry
- Documentation (if required)
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- Database guides
- Separation of EE specific content
Availability and Testing
- Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- Tested in all supported browsers
- Informed Infrastructure department of a default or new setting change, if applicable per definition of done
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
Label as security and @ mention
- The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team
Related to #220433