Automate the deletion of the old Index after a reindex
What does this MR do?
This MR implements the automatic deletion of the original elasticsearch index after the reindexing process is completed.
$ VERSION=20200807132726 bin/rake db:migrate:up == 20200807132726 AddDeleteOriginalIndexAtToReindexingTasks: migrating ======== -- add_column(:elastic_reindexing_tasks, :delete_original_index_at, :datetime_with_timezone) -> 0.0009s == 20200807132726 AddDeleteOriginalIndexAtToReindexingTasks: migrated (0.0032s)
$ VERSION=20200807132726 bin/rake db:migrate:down == 20200807132726 AddDeleteOriginalIndexAtToReindexingTasks: reverting ======== -- remove_column(:elastic_reindexing_tasks, :delete_original_index_at) -> 0.0018s == 20200807132726 AddDeleteOriginalIndexAtToReindexingTasks: reverted (0.0047s)
Warning message v.1
Warning message v.2
After the cancel button is pressed
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry
- Documentation (if required)
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- Database guides
- Separation of EE specific content
Availability and Testing
- Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- Tested in all supported browsers
- Informed Infrastructure department of a default or new setting change, if applicable per definition of done
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
Label as security and @ mention
- The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team
Closes #225436 (closed)