Add include_parent_milestones to milestones API
What does this MR do?
Related to #196066 (closed)
Introduces a new param
include_parent_milestones for project milestones API endpoint
The default value for this param is
false and when set to
true, the request will additionally fetch milestones from the project's parent group and descendants.
This change is a requirement for milestones dropdown with expired milestones and addresses the following point in this discussion:
- The public API doesn't support fetching milestones for a project and its parent group(s) in one request, unlike the internal API we were already using: !35595 (comment 376337178)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry
- Documentation (if required)
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- Database guides
- Separation of EE specific content
Availability and Testing
- Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- Tested in all supported browsers
- Informed Infrastructure department of a default or new setting change, if applicable per definition of done
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
Label as security and @ mention
- The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team