Remove dead elasticsearch indexing code
What does this MR do?
Remove dead code
This worker was first added in !1144 (merged) in %8.17 but all usages were removed in !13437 (merged) in %12.0 . Given that the usages of this worker have been removed for at least 1 major release now we should be safe to remove this worker itself. In fact we could have removed it already in %13.0 .
Remove dead Elasticsearch indexing locking code
The code paths that used to use these locks have been long removed so we
can safely remove them. Additionally these are superceded by better
de-duplication mechanisms including sidekiq queue de-duplication for
ElasticCommitIndexerWorker, redis sorted sets for other indexing jobs
and finally we added a lock inside of
recently to avoid a related problem that these locks didn't even cover
anyway !35842 (merged) .
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- [-] Changelog entry
- Documentation (if required)
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- Database guides
- Separation of EE specific content
Availability and Testing
- Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- Tested in all supported browsers
- Informed Infrastructure department of a default or new setting change, if applicable per definition of done
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
Label as security and @ mention
- The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team
Related to #221178 (closed)