Update docs: Add note for initially pushing to a protected branch as user with role developer
What does this MR do?
In our project we use gitlab as src control. We use LDAP as our main source for managing roles. We often encounter the issue, that a user with role developer creates a project and wants to push code to it. This sometimes leads to confusion as the default config does not allow him to push the master branch.
This MR adds a note to the documentation that should make users aware of this.
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry
- Documentation (if required)
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- Database guides
- Separation of EE specific content
Availability and Testing
- Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- Tested in all supported browsers
- Informed Infrastructure department of a default or new setting change, if applicable per definition of done
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
Label as security and @ mention
- The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team