Remove pre-deprecation notice for only/except
What does this MR do?
Removes notice that only/except is pre-deprecated, instead directing people to rules as an improvement. If we reach the point where we know are deprecating only/except then we can add a real deprecation notice with actual information in this same place.
Pre-deprecating isn't a well defined state for a feature and this seems to be generating confusion (it's comes across like a notice you should start to worry about it disappearing, minus the actual information you need to prepare).
Author's checklist (required)
- Follow the Documentation Guidelines and Style Guide.
- If you have
developeraccess or higher (for example, GitLab team members or Core Team members)
Apply the documentation label, plus:
- The corresponding DevOps stage and group label, if applicable.
development guidelines when changing docs under
development guidelines and Documentation guidelines when changing docs under
- development guidelines and Description templates (.gitlab/*) when creating/updating issue and MR description templates.
- Assign the designated Technical Writer.
- Apply the documentation label, plus:
- Update the permissions table.
- Link docs to and from the higher-level index page, plus other related docs where helpful.
- Add GitLab's version history note(s).
- Add the product tier badge.
- Add/update the feature flag section.
If you're changing document headings, search
ee/app/views/*for old headings replacing with the new ones to avoid broken anchors.
1. Primary Reviewer
- Review by a code reviewer or other selected colleague to confirm accuracy, clarity, and completeness. This can be skipped for minor fixes without substantive content changes.
2. Technical Writer
- Optional: Technical writer review. If not requested for this MR, must be scheduled post-merge. To request for this MR, assign the writer listed for the applicable DevOps stage.
- Review by assigned maintainer, who can always request/require the above reviews. Maintainer's review can occur before or after a technical writer review.
- Ensure a release milestone is set.
- If there has not been a technical writer review, create an issue for one using the Doc Review template.