Do not perform hard check (presence of file on storage)
What does this MR do?
file.exists? performs disk operation for checking the existence of file.
Instead, we might not do it and fallback to performing soft check: the presence of a value in the column, (artifacts_file, file, etc.)
This will improve performance as we do not perform unnecessary disk IO (file stored locally) or network IO (file stored remotely).
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated
- API support added
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Has been reviewed by UX
- Has been reviewed by Frontend
- Has been reviewed by Backend
- Has been reviewed by Database
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
- Squashed related commits together