What does this MR do?
Currently the Elasticsearch mapping stores a lot of extra information for each term it stores. This is replaced with less expensive options (like
positions instead of
offsets or even
docs instead of
offsets when highlighting is not needed and scoring is less of an issue).
- there is no noticeable difference in searching speed between those options
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- [-] Changelog entry
- [-] Documentation (if required)
Code review guidelines
Merge request performance guidelines
- [-] Database guides
Separation of EE specific content
Availability and Testing
- [-] Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- [-] Tested in all supported browsers
- [-] Informed Infrastructure department of a default or new setting change, if applicable per definition of done
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
- [-] Label as security and @ mention
- [-] The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- [-] Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team
Closes #28085 (closed)