Add Multi destination logger
What does this MR do?
Original Issue: #22812 (closed)
This MR introduces a
MultiDestinationLogger, that inherits from
Gitlab::Logger that can let you specify multi loggers for the same logs.
Sometimes we want to have logs in the usual unstructured format, as well as a structured format, like JSON. We already have both kinds of loggers, but neither of them can log in both formats at the same time. As we move to only structured logging at the app level, we can log to multiple destinations through the
This follow-up MR demonstrates the use of this logger.
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry
- Documentation (if required)
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- Database guides
- Separation of EE specific content
Availability and Testing
- Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- Tested in all supported browsers
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
Label as security and @ mention
- The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team