Add tab width option to user preferences
What does this MR do?
This MR implements an MVP for #13904 (closed).
Tab width option is added to user preferences. The specified tab width
is applied as a
tab-size property to the
body element, which is
- inline and parallel diffs in commits and MRs
- code spans and code blocks in rendered markup (Markdown, Rdoc, etc.)
- merge conflicts
- code suggestions
- blob previews
- Sherlock file samples
- CI logs
- basically any
preelement or elements with
This setting doesn't apply to Web IDE, file editor or markdown editor. These cases can be addressed in future iterations.
Also in the issue some people asked for project-wide tab width settings based on .editorconfig, this is not covered by this MVP too.
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry
- Documentation (if required)
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- Database guides
- Separation of EE specific content