Support notifications to be fired for protected branches also
What does this MR do?
Related: #20938 (closed)
Currently, notifications can be configured only for either all the branches or just the default branch, both of which are a bit extreme. This MR changes it to more options
- All branches
- Default branch only
- Protected branches only
- Default branch and Protected branches only
Technical decision timeline
- Thought of splitting off the attribute from
propertiescolumn, but that included introducing a background migration. Since has no plan to do that for all the properties right now, it didn't make sense to introduce a background migration just for one key. So, we are now considering both old and new key and set precedence to the new one.
- Extracted redundant code that was present in both chat notification service and pipeline email service to a module.
(Slack as an example)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry for user-facing changes, or community contribution. Check the link for other scenarios.
- Documentation created/updated or follow-up review issue created
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- Database guides
- Separation of EE specific content