As a developer working on solving a bug that occurs in multiple (release) branches I want to clone the MR.
This to ensure we have a trial of solving the bug in all relevant branches.
How to use:
- You have an existing MR (feature1 => master)
- Press the 'clone MR button'
- Select the branches you want to clone it to (release1, release2)
- Two new MR's are created (feature1 => release1 and feature1 => release 2) with a link back to the original MR and original issue
- Merge the different merge requests (can maybe automerge if it is a clean merge)
- The original issue now contains linked to all MR's, showing in which releases it was resolved
This page may contain information related to upcoming products, features and functionality. It is important to note that the information presented is for informational purposes only, so please do not rely on the information for purchasing or planning purposes. Just like with all projects, the items mentioned on the page are subject to change or delay, and the development, release, and timing of any products, features, or functionality remain at the sole discretion of GitLab Inc.