[MVC] - Delete the todos from other group/project owners if access request processed by any of the owner.
Moving onto the theme of Improve Key workflow usability, the Mange:Workspace team will be reducing friction in todos regarding Access requests. When someone raises an access request for a project, it will appear in the to-do list of the project or group owner. As groups and projects can have multiple owners, the request will appear in multiple to-do lists. This issue adds the functionality to delete the to-do item from the list in case it has been actioned on by another owner already.
- We need to send To-Do notifications to groups/projects owners when someone raises access request for the group/project. Refer &8766 for more details.
- This issue represents one of the sub tasks of the solution for the feature.
- The To-Dos for 10 most recently active owners of group/project are already being created in #374608 (closed) and #374725 (closed).
- Here we need to delete To-Dos for access request from other owners' To-Dos if any of the owner rejects it.
Assuming there are 2 group owners
Group owner A and
Group owner B and user has requested access for the group, following cases will be there and respective actions will be taken:
Group owner A has accepted/rejected the request:
- The todo will appear in
Group owner A's todos, marked as done.
- The todo will get deleted from
Group owner B's todos.
Not in scope
Any additional information around who accepted or rejected a request to join a group or project will be handled in this issue: #383236.
Availability and Testing
- E2E tests will be added to support this feature in https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/382896+
This page may contain information related to upcoming products, features and functionality. It is important to note that the information presented is for informational purposes only, so please do not rely on the information for purchasing or planning purposes. Just like with all projects, the items mentioned on the page are subject to change or delay, and the development, release, and timing of any products, features, or functionality remain at the sole discretion of GitLab Inc.