Implementation: Generate a commit SHA-specific chain of custody report [Backend]
Problem to solve
User experience goal
group owner input a specific commit SHA into a chain of custody download prompt and receive a CSV report in the same format, but which shows the MR, pipeline, author, approver, etc for that specific commit SHA.
- Cameron (Compliance Manager)
- Delaney (Development Team Lead)
- Sasha (Software Developer)
- Sidney (Systems Administrator)
- Rachel (Release Manager)
MergeCommitReportsControllerto accept an optional commit hash parameter.
- Check if the merge commit exists, if it does not then flash an error message.
MergeRequestsFinderto find by a commit hash (
squash_commit_sha || diff_head_shato a potential future iteration).