Non-members of a project can subscribe to new release notifications but they will not be sent to them
Custom notification setting
New release is available to non-members of a project but they will not be sent to them.
Steps to reproduce
- login as user1 & create a new public project
- login as user2 who is not a member of this project, open the project, click bell icon, select
Customnotification setting > New release
- login as user1 again, go to Project overview > Releases > New release, submit all the fields and create a new release
- user2 will not get a new release notification
- add user2 as a project member and submit one more new release. After that user2 will get the release notification
What is the current bug behavior?
Non-members of a project can subscribe to new release notifications but they will not be sent to them.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Either new release notifications should be sent to non-members of a project or new release notification setting should only be visible for project members.
Relevant logs and/or screenshots
Output of checks
This bug happens on GitLab.com.