Enterprise DevOps Report MVC
In &4169, we describe the need for a customizable, instance-level DevOps report to understand clusters of adoption across an instance.
This MVC should be non-customizable and restricted to all activity on the instance.
Create a new "DevOps Report" page in the admin analytics area:
- The page should have a single section entitled "All Activity".
- This section should have 1 container labeled "Productivity". In that container, we should show:
- The number of MRs merged on the instance
- The average number of days MRs took to merge from time of creation
- The average number of MRs merged per author
- The counts should show information from the last 30 days.
- Each value should have an icon that indicates whether or not the value went up, down, or was flat (within 1% to -1%) when compared to the previous 30 day window.
- The values should update each day for performance, so we should indicate a timestamp in the upper right on when the data was last updated.
How should we handle if there's an error getting a particular piece of data?
- We should show partial data. If 2/3 of the metrics are available, we should show them.
- If there's an error with a specific query, show a
?. If possible, add any detail about the error in a mouseover (
Query on (date) timed out).