Configurable email address for service desk
~~- Exclusive ~"EE Premium" feature only~~
- Service desk has a static email address.
- The email address should be configurable, up to the domain, i.e.
firstname.lastname@example.org, or maybe something more restrictive like
- There should be restrictions (and UI validations) on what is configurable. For example, it should not be the same as the email address when users reply to notifications.
- You cannot use something that is already being used in another project.
based on discussions (#2201 (comment 267669261)) only limited customization is possible now:
- instance wide configuration of separate service desk address
- per-project configuration of email suffix https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/service_desk.html#using-custom-email-address
This page may contain information related to upcoming products, features and functionality. It is important to note that the information presented is for informational purposes only, so please do not rely on the information for purchasing or planning purposes. Just like with all projects, the items mentioned on the page are subject to change or delay, and the development, release, and timing of any products, features, or functionality remain at the sole discretion of GitLab Inc.