Group Activity - MRs Chart w/ Single Series
The context and problem to solve are discussed in the design issue.
This issue is part of Generic Analytics Report Page.
|Group overview / Details||Group recent activity: MRs (report object)|
|(1) Change metric titles, (2) add hyperlink to MRs metric
||(1) Add back button, (2) add breadcrumb, (3) add title, (4) add column chart|
The first report page will be linked from Group Recent Activity and display a column chart showing new MRs.
We will start with a new page. I propose a route of:
https://gitlab.com/-/analytics/report-page/some-data-set-definition-slugfor the report pages given that there is no direct navigation to this page.
The most important acceptance criteria is that we after the MRs for this issue are merged, the only code change we need for the next one (Group Activity - Issues Chart w/ Single Series) is an update to a YAML file and the hyperlink on the FE.
FE will refactor the chart component from Insights so to work on the new page so as maximize re-use.
The date range is set to the last ninety days and no date selector is shown.
The columns will be grouped by week. No selector for grouping by days or months is included.
The chart will display one one series. Our configuration should leave room for multi-series charts which are the most common use case.
No data table will be shown below the chart.
Back End Implementation Issues
Front End Implementation Issues
- App / page skeleton
- Add single series column chart
- Prepare Insights FE code to be shared with Generic Reports
See the Where we will start section of Generic Analytics Report Page.
- From Insights to Report Pages
- Group Activity - New Members Chart design / vision
- Group Activity - MR Chart design issue
- The parent epic for this work is Generic Analytics Drill-in Page (Report object).
- Further background and definition of terms is in Generic Metrics API for Aggregated and Computed Measures.