Highlight release evidence snapshot differences in API
Problem to solve
Auditors are often non-technical roles and therefore the usability of two snapshots for release evidence are not necessarily applicable to Auditors unassisted by a script that identifies what has changed between these two snapshots.
- Rachel (Release Manager)
- Compliance officials
At the moment of an audit, an auditor would need to evaluate changes in production without assistance. Release evidence in its current state would need a script to understand the changes between the created moment and release moment.
- Highlight what has changed in the two JSONs
- I found this tool: https://github.com/zgrossbart/jdd
Permissions and Security
- This should follow the same permission structure of the release evidence
- Release Evidence Docs - https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/releases/#release-evidence
Availability & Testing
- We should be able to see changes that were made between the created release evidence and released_at release evidence
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
What is the type of buyer?