GitLab Mattermost is a team communication service for sharing messages and files across PCs and phones, with archiving, instant search and integration with GitLab Single-Sign-On.
*Screenshot: GitLab Mattermost desktop application on Windows with GitLab theme
- GitLab Mattermost Administrator's Guide
- GitLab Mattermost Discussion and Troubleshooting Forum
- Mattermost Documentation
Get the Apps!
Download iOS, Android, Windows, Mac and Linux apps for GitLab Mattermost, offering single-sign-on to Mattermost with your GitLab account.
GitLab Mattermost features include:
Messaging and File Sharing
- Send messages, comments, files and images across public, private and 1-1 channels
- Personalize notifications for unreads and mentions by channel and keyword
- Use #hashtags to tag and find messages, discussions and files
Archiving and Search
- Import Slack user accounts and channel archives
- Search public and private channels for historical messages and comments
- View recent mentions of your name, username, nickname, and custom search terms
- Use Mattermost from web-enabled PCs and phones
- Attach sound, video and image files from mobile devices
- Define team-specific branding and color themes across your devices
- Host and manage dozens of teams from a single server instance behind your firewall
- System Console and command line tools for managing essential IT administration functions
- LDAP/Active Directory connectivity to Mattermost enabled via GitLab Single-Sign-On
How to Install GitLab Mattermost
- GitLab Mattermost Install Guide for omnibus
- GitLab Mattermost SSO Documentation
- GitLab Mattermost Troubleshooting Forum
- Report issues and get help from GitLab Mattermost Troubleshooting Forum
- Please report security issues via Mattermost Responsible Disclosure Policy
- Issues not related to GitLab Mattermost or GitLab omnibus.
- Contribute, upvote and discuss new feature ideas.
- Read contribution guide and find opportunities to contribute code changes.