Resolve "Introduce round-robin project creation to spread load over multiple shards"
What does this MR do?
Allow multiple shards to be enabled in the admin settings page, balancing project creation across all enabled shards.
Are there points in the code the reviewer needs to double check?
f.select ..., multiple: trueisn't the most beautiful UI in the world, but switching to
collection_check_boxes(or a facsimile thereof) isn't trivial
pick_repository_storagebe a method of
Project? It's going to accrete logic over time so perhaps it should be its own class already?
- This is written to avoid the need for a database migration, so it is
, Array. This is tested, but alternatives include:
- Add a database migration
- Write a custom Coder that will accept a String or Array in
loadand always `dump an Array.
Why was this MR needed?
Screenshots (if relevant)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- CHANGELOG entry added
- Documentation created/updated
- API support added
- Added for this feature/bug
- All builds are passing
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
Branch has no merge conflicts with
master(if it does - rebase it please)
- Squashed related commits together
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Closes #24059 (closed)