What does this MR do?
This bug happens only if users use Pipelines for merge requests.
Currently, review app cannot be automatically terminated (see https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/60885#note_163759744) after the source branch is deleted. This is because
deployments.ref stored merge request ref path instead of branch ref, thus
StopEnvironmentsService cannot correctly lookup environments.
We fix this problem by explicitly hooking merge request close/merge event, which means the clear intention that users will no longer need review app to be alive.
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- [-] Documentation created/updated or follow-up review issue created
Code review guidelines
Merge request performance guidelines
Separation of EE specific content
Performance and testing
Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- [-] Tested in all supported browsers
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
- [-] Label as security and @ mention
- [-] The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- [-] Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team