Resolve "Move files in the Web IDE"
EE counterpart: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/merge_requests/9820
What does this MR do?
Improve the Rename button behavior to support moving files and folders.
|Initial||Rename (basename selected)||Renamed|
- The Rename modal should show the full path of the file or directory
- The last component of the path should be highlighted by default so that the file can be quickly renamed without moving
- When moving a file
- if a file already exists at that path, show an error
- if the target directory doesn't exist, silently create the directory path and move the file
- When moving a directory
- if the target directory already exists, show an error
- if the target directory doesn't exist, silently create the necessary directory and move the file
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated via this MR
- Documentation reviewed by technical writer or follow-up review issue created
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Tested in all supported browsers
- Conforms to the code review guidelines
- Conforms to the merge request performance guidelines
- Conforms to the style guides
- Conforms to the database guides
- Link to e2e tests MR added if this MR has Requires e2e tests label. See the Test Planning Process.
- Security reports checked/validated by reviewer
Closes #49397 (closed)