Support merge ref writing (without merging to target branch)
What does this MR do?
Adds the ground work for writing the merge ref to
refs/merge-requests/:iid/merge, merging the source and target branches of a MR without changing the target branch.
failed to create commit: current tip is not the first parentafter first merge to ref is made
- Improve tests
- Get a green pipeline
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated via this MR
- Documentation reviewed by technical writer or follow-up review issue created
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Tested in all supported browsers
- Conforms to the code review guidelines
- Conforms to the merge request performance guidelines
- Conforms to the style guides
- Conforms to the database guides
- Link to e2e tests MR added if this MR has Requires e2e tests label. See the Test Planning Process.
- Security reports checked/validated by reviewer