Sanitize k8s default_namespace
What does this MR do?
Take over of ~"Community Contribution" https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/merge_requests/14642
This is making namespace lowercase in kubernetes, otherwise namespaces cannot be created. This was partially addressed, but this covers a case that was missed when the default namespace is generated from the project group-name.
Are there points in the code the reviewer needs to double check?
Why was this MR needed?
~"auto devops" fails when
project.path contains unallowed chars
Screenshots (if relevant)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated
- API support added
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Has been reviewed by UX
- Has been reviewed by Frontend
- Has been reviewed by Backend
- Has been reviewed by Database
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
- Squashed related commits together
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Closes #38692 (closed)