WIP: Protected runner executes jobs on protected branch [Solution 2]
What does this MR do?
This MR is continued from https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/merge_requests/13192. To accomplish this feature, we need to implement a mechanism for "Protected runner executes jobs on protected branch. Unprotected runner executes jobs on unprotected branch". However, there is a technical challenge that ci_builds doesn't have data whether the ref is protected or not.
This MR addresses the challenge with Solution 2.
Solution 2. Executes
protected_for?greedily to each build from
Don't alter column on ci_pipelines
Are there points in the code the reviewer needs to double check?
Why was this MR needed?
Screenshots (if relevant)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated
- API support added
- Added for this feature/bug
- All builds are passing
- Has been reviewed by UX
- Has been reviewed by Frontend
- Has been reviewed by Backend
- Has been reviewed by Database
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
Branch has no merge conflicts with
master(if it does - rebase it please)
- Squashed related commits together