New collapsible panels in settings made it harder to find what we're looking for
We've recently made all settings to be expandable in collapsible panels:
This made it looking cleaner and better, but we have now 2 problems:
- People are struggling to find the settings they want, now they have to expand each panel to find what they are looking for.
- We made all the docs that mention any settings out-of-date.
- Sid took some time to find "remove forking relationship"
- A user couldn't find repo mirroring settings (https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/4302)
- A user couldn't find 2FA settings (https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/41028)
To make this easier to use, I suggest we add a "expand all" and "collapse all" buttons to every settings page that has collapsible panels.
@JobV, on the other hand, suggested that we could add a search bar for settings.
We still have to update all the docs, but at least we would make things easier to find.