Blocking Issues and Features for GNOME Migration to GitLab
As part of GNOME's evaluation to migrate over to GitLab they've identified a handful of bugs (and features) that are currently blocking the start of the migration. Below is the list of said bugs.
- https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/24945 This is needed for the central translation user account and validation. This is a blocker of the pilot program.
- https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/20076 Move Fast-Forward Merge and Semi-Linear Merge to CE
- https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/40301 Bring rebase and fast forward-merge to CE. Will be merged after migration has been confirmed and made official.
- https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/31847 This prevents the FF workflow GNOME would like to work with.
- https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/33770 Needed for the migration tool.
- https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/34284 Needed for GNOME's IRC bots.
- https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/27031 GNOME needs it since they have many milestones and labels already due to the history of the projects.
- https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/20076 Make fast forward merge requests a CE feature