Support new issue creation by email without subaddressing
Currently we only support new issue creation by email if the provider or server supports email sub-addressing, but some servers, such as Exchange, do not support sub-addressing.
Also, some servers don't support slashes in email addresses: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/25001
Add a setting to the email configuration, called something like
This means that:
-in a project name is replaced with
/in a project name is replaced with
- There are two types of address that can behave differently depending on a suffix. Both of these will be handled by using a
-as the separator, with a trailing
-present in the case where there's nothing after the separator.
- Service Desk (
project/path) / create an issue in a project (
- Reply to an issue thread (
replykey) / unsubscribe from an issue thread (
For example, for this project:
gitlab--org-gitlab--ce-$tokenwould create an issue as the user with
gitlab--org-gitlab--ce-would be a Service Desk email.
Links / references
Additional requirements to finalize
- Support both formats.
- Need to figure out UX flows of choosing one, based on what scenario:
- If your email server doesn't support one format, you probably don't care and don't want your users sending email to that format.
- If you plan to use that address for a google group membership, then you might want to use the other format too.