Batch comments on merge requests
What this MR do
- Create a
draft_notestable which is similar to
- When user hits to publish draft we transfer all
draft_notesto notes table
Important things to cover
- Draft notes can be created in a diff file or not
- Draft notes should have a position that works just like it does in DiffNotes
- When draft note is on an present discussion we should consider the
- When draft note is on a new discussion we should generate a new discussion ID
obs: It is not needed to group draft notes by
discussion_id for now, as described on the #1984 (closed) it is only allowed to have one draft note per discussion.
Important things to test
- When draft is published check if notes are working on image diffs and text diffs.
Important implementation details
- When sending in a DraftNote as a reply to a discussion,
in_reply_to_discussion_idshould be sent, not
- Please send
resolve_discussionaccording to this table:
|Current Discussion state||Desired Discussion state||
- [Backend] Adding license check for GitLab Premium
- [Backend] Adding publishing service
- [Backend] Keep position + discussion id for all draft notes
- [Backend] Render the DraftNote HTML via Banzai
- Backports for CE
For Frontend, please check separate MR: !7376 (merged)
Edge cases / Follow up?
- What happens when a draft is saved in a discussion that gets deleted?