Group level issue boards
- Part of gitlab-ce#25698 (closed) Issue board as a workflow tool
- Group level issue boards help solve the team-first collaboration problem: #1295 (closed), gitlab-ce#27728 (closed)
- In the group navigation, you have a new tab under issues called
Boards. This is analogous to the project level.
- A group board is the same in design as a project board.
- You can create/edit/delete multiple boards.
- You can edit the name of a board.
- You can associate a native group milestone (gitlab-ce#30126 (closed)) with a board.
- There is a search bar in the board, that can filter by: author, assignee, native group milestone (not any project milestone), group label (not any project label), and weight.
- The add list functionality searches for or creates or links to group labels only.
- Only issues in immediate child projects of the group are available in the group board. Issues in further descendent subgroups are not shown in the group board.
- Only group labels of this group are available in this board. No labels of further subgroups are available.
- Project labels are not displayed in the cards and they are not displayed in the sidebar either.
Add issuesmodal is not in scope for this first iteration. Users can still move issues "into" the board because there is an existing
Backlogcolumn that they can leverage.