Auto DevOps only does Build and Test stages with multiple clusters
When setting up multiple clusters for Auto DevOps, the pipeline is missing numerous stages and only goes through the Build and Test stages.
Note: All appropriate stages were showing if setting up Auto DevOps with a single cluster.
Originally reported by prospect (internal only) ZD 106308
Steps to reproduce
Following our documentation on Auto DevOps:
- Create/Add 2 Kubernetes clusters. Note: when testing, we did not turn on RBAC.
- One cluster should have environment set to
review/*and one should have environment
- Turn on Auto DevOps with continuous deployment to production.
- Add appropriate variables.
- Check CI pipeline.
Multiple clusters only shows Build and Test stages in pipeline
In contrast, single cluster shows 4 stages in pipeline (internal only).
@danielgruesso also has a sample project. If it's public, please feel free to change the description to link to yours.
What is the current bug behavior?
Only Build and Test stages appear and run
What is the expected correct behavior?
All applicable stages (usually at least: Build, Test, Production, Performance, if not more) should be part of the pipeline.
Output of checks
This bug happens on GitLab.com 11.4.4-ee
This issue is caused by
kubernetes: active condition requiring that there is a cluster with
* environment scope. See #8311 (comment 115417090). If there is no cluster with
* scope, GitLab CI does not consider that condition to be fulfilled
UPDATE: Be aware that
dast does not have
- Note that the example for multiple clusters is setting up the clusters in a way that will trigger this bug. (no