Add filter to issue boards switcher dropdown
One of the biggest challenges currently in issue boards is navigating between multiple boards. We can make this a bit easier by adding a search input to the boards switcher dropdown:
- Design specs
- Component docs: Search and Dropdowns
- The filter field should be focused when opening the dropdown.
No matching boards foundwhen filtering didn't return any results
This is a small effort for a big gain in UX. It does not solve the root problem of duplicated and unused boards, but it definitely alleviates that issue.
- moving the Vue template out of HAML: !8519 (merged)
- replace the dropdown implementation with gitlab-ui
add search field to dropdown
- add search field to gitlab-ui: gitlab-ui!96 (merged)
- afterwards new merge request in EE for updating the dropdown