As a developer working on solving a bug that occurs in multiple (release) branches I want to clone the MR.
This to ensure we have a trial of solving the bug in all relevant branches.
How to use:
- You have an existing MR (feature1 => master)
- Press the 'clone MR button'
- Select the branches you want to clone it to (release1, release2)
- Two new MR's are created (feature1 => release1 and feature1 => release 2) with a link back to the original MR and original issue
- Merge the different merge requests (can maybe automerge if it is a clean merge)
- The original issue now contains linked to all MR's, showing in which releases it was resolved