Option to set Security Dashboard as default view for groups
Problem to solve
Security Teams use the dashboard as the primary tool for their work. They should be able to set it as the default view for a group, so going to the group will show it immediately.
Add an option in user settings to define a default dashboard for groups.
If set to Security Dashboard, users should be redirected to the Security Dashboard when visiting a group.
- Add a new dropdown in the User Settings > Preferences page to define the default for the group overview page: you can select
Security Dashboardin this dropdown.
- If you go to a group "flat" url (e.g., https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/) you will see the default you selected in settings, the address bar is always https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/ and the right entry is highlighted.
- if you click on Overview, it will link to https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/
- if you click on Overview > Details, it will link to https://gitlab.com/groups/gitlab-org/-/details (new link)
- if you click on Overview > Security Dashboard (or any other entry), it will link to https://gitlab.com/groups/gitlab-org/-/security/dashboard (or other existing links)
In this way, you can access the default content by entering https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/, but then you can navigate any other page using the specific links.
The dropdown will only show for EE users because we want to avoid have only 1 selection in a dropdown, and CE users would, in this case, only be able to select details.
If the user doesn't have permission to view a dashboard or the dashboard is not setup they will see this empty state:
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
Count the number of users that have the default for groups set to Security Dashboard.
This information should be added to the usage ping data that is set to GitLab.