Audit log improvements (META)
Audit logging is a security feature and is critical for customers and is required by many regulatory bodies.
Audit logging should enable auditors of the GitLab system the ability to retrieve all data between given periods of time, either across the entire system, or within specific groups or projects.
- Audit events will be recorded on the database, not logs (see comment).
- Log member actions #1370 (closed) (10.1)
- Log group actions #1372 (closed) (10.2)
- Log project actions #1371 (closed) (10.2)
- Log impersonation actions in audit log #315
- Log Git actions #1411
- Add visibility changes of project to the audit logs #199 (closed)
- Add audit event entry when a group share is added/removed #205
- Git authentications should be stored in audit events #545
Data management and retrieval
- Consolidate existing log entries into a single area in the Admin area #2336 (closed)
- Retention settings: Remove data older than N months so the table doesn't grow forever #1421 (closed)
- Retrieve audit events via API #121
- Export audit events data to CSV #1449
- Allow audit events to be streamed to a third party system