Approval groups per project and per merge request
- Restrict group approvers to be only groups that already have share access to the given project (https://docs.gitlab.com/ce/workflow/share_projects_with_other_groups.html).
- So in the design, there needs to be a way to indicate to the user that if they want a group to be an approver group, they have to configure them with a share link first.
- Maybe guide the user to configure the link first? Or maybe automate it as part of the group approver assignment? And have some feedback that you made the link?
- This issue does not apply to the parent group of the project. That is handled in #1593 (closed).
- This issue does not apply to individuals that appear in the search box. Those are handled in #1593 (closed). Those restrictions are handled in #1593 (closed).
- This applies to both the project settings and the per merge request settings.
Has no results
No matches found. [Share this project with a group] or [add a user as a member] to include them as an approver.
Has some results-01
Can't find a group or user? [Share this project with a group] or [add a user as a member] to include them as an approver.