Add "drag and drop" icon to the library
Adding a "drag and drop" indication to allow users to easily discover that they can drag and drop elements.
There doesn't seem to be an existing icons that would conflict with this. Overview, ellipses-v, applications, and menu seem the closest but I don't think they would be easily confused. The icon doesn't require variants at the moment.
Future examples would be in our capacity/organization line.
|Permutation 1||Permutation 2||Permutation 3||Permutation 4|
- Read our icon contribution guidelines.
- Create a Sketch file in your progress folder just for this icon.
- Ask a UXer to review your Sketch file, linking them to your latest commit so they know where to find it. If they have the capacity, they should assign themselves to this issue.
- QA of your Sketch file by the reviewer.
Add your changes to the
instance sheet. When copying things over, watch out for duplicated symbols. Some of our recommended plugins can help with this.
- QA of pattern library and instance sheet by the reviewer.
- Create an issue in the svgs library to add the icon. Mark it as related to this issue.
Create a new MR and follow the necessary steps to add the icon in to the svgs repo. See the guidelines here.
- Assign the MR to a maintainer of the project for review.
- Add an agenda item to the next UX weekly call to inform everyone of the new icon.