Q3 OKR Continual Improvement (Plan, Create and Manage)
Leverage feedback from Plan, Create and Manage teams to continually improve OKR project management and work so we can make work easier and more efficient, and increase OKR results delivered.
Potential Opps for Improvement:
- Lock-in OKRs 2 weeks in advance of the quarter, so we can prep for kick-off
- Consider a proof of concept to develop templates and iron out issues with a smaller group before the entire team engages
- Allow the team to review the OKR and ask questions before it's finalized
- Clear and Concise
- Divide reqs into must haves from should and could haves
- Deliverable expectations are specific and quantified
- Time to complete expectations are quantified, so everyone can scope and plan work accordingly
- Provide templates up front, when possible, and or cross-share templates between stages to promote efficiency and consistency of deliverables.
OKR Setup in GitLab:
- One place stakeholders can easily find and access all OKRs
- An epic or issue to kick-off team-OKRS with the entire team, and discuss team-level topics throughout the OKR. To maximize this we'll need all OKR's created in the same domain.
- Enable the real-time sharing of team-relevant learnings and assets throughout the OKR
- Nice to have: Make it easier to track team and stage OKR progress, efficiently
- Team feedback on OKR approach quarter over quarter
- Team effectiveness at achieving OKRs
@clenneville for awareness