Design issue and merge request list item (row) and board card
Propose a consistent design for issue and merge request (MR) list items (row) and board cards, considering the following:
- Prior research and data gathering
- Define responsive views
- Define different states based on the object's status
- Tooltips may be needed, so the content of these should also be defined.
This list tries to balance smallest development effort vs biggest user experience gains, while also taking into account the learnability and habituation period that users need to go through:
- Issue in epic or related issue (design spec): https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/6086
- Related merge request (design spec): https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/47007
- Issue card (design spec): https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/47008
- Issue list (design spec): https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/47009
- Merge request list (design spec): https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/47010
- At the time this was worked on, Looker didn't have all database tables populated, so only some issue data was able to be analyzed. No assignees, merge request, labels, or epics data was available.
- No easy access logs to understand the top filters used on issues and merge requests lists. Had to rely on @andrewn to run the queries (thanks